AdDaptive’s Q3 Community Outreach Program: Waltham Boys & Girls Club
Giving Back to The Waltham Community
Founded in 1937, the Waltham Boys & Girls Club has been serving the Waltham community for over 80 years. The Club will often see up to 300 kids daily, but the staff never know how many kids will come through the doors each day. A variety of programs are offered for ages 5-18 to support growth and help students become responsible, successful citizens. The Club provides a safe place for kids to participate in activities, study, and build friendships. Music, STEM, Aquatics, and Sports/Fitness activities are some of the many offerings for Club members.
“Clubs provide a safe place, caring adult mentors, fun and friendship, and high-impact youth development programs on a daily basis during critical non-school hours. Club programs promote academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles.”
-Waltham Boys & Girls Club
As part of AdDaptive’s Community Outreach program, 25 AdDaptive employees volunteered their time at the Waltham Boys & Girls Club on September 12. AdDaptive employees were broken up into teams to assist with reorganizing closets, folding laundry, washing windows, sorting donations, and a myriad of other tasks sprucing up the Club facilities. Employees also had the pleasure of sporting our newly designed AdDaptive Community Outreach t-shirts which will be worn for all future volunteer outings.
“Our tasks were to help organize and clean the top floor closet, separate the school supplies and backpacks, clean and organize the arts and crafts room, fix the hockey nets, move heavy tables, and assist with painting. The day was filled with laughter, funny stories, and teamwork. It was a blast getting to know one another outside of work while helping children in the community.”
-Dan DeChristoforo, Business Development Representative at AdDaptive
“My team and I were assigned as the cleaning crew with the main task of cleaning the vans that the Boys & Girls Club use to take the children on field trips. We were also able to help with tasks that weren’t related to cleaning, such as painting! An interesting fact that my team and I learned while volunteering was the Boys & Girls Club make and serve meals for the children that don’t have access to three meals a day. The club workers took a lot of pride in being able to provide this for the children. They mentioned to us that they have been able to increase the amount of meals they can provide for the children substantially within the past year!”
-Rachel Aiello, Account Coordinator at AdDaptive
Some facts about the WBGC:
- Mission: To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
- The WBGC was initially established as a Boys Club on January 28, 1938. The Club officially changed its name to the Waltham Boys & Girls Club, Inc. in 1985.
- 94% of members say that the Club gives them a sense of belonging.
- 83% of teens who attend the Club abstain from alcohol compared to 63% city-wide.
What you can do to help:
- You can make one-time or monthly donations to the club here: https://walthambgc.org/donate-today/
- Volunteer! If you are interested in volunteering as an individual or a group, you can learn more here: https://walthambgc.org/become-a-volunteer/
- Become a member of the Women’s Circle: https://walthambgc.org/womens-circle/